Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Fake and spray

Man, have we enjoyed our little boys this past week. My sweetie and I have gone and spent the afternoon in the mountains, watched fireworks, gone to the pool, played in the sprinkler and cooked all together with each other this past week. His new business is slow, and the boys and I are reaping the benefits. What a week! I can't say for sure that men feel the same emotions, but I am completely delighted when we are altogether. The responsibilities of managing the household fade away and the joys of being a wife and mom are overwhelming and wonderful!

That's my serious post. On a lighter note...I have a suggestion for all of you stay-at-home moms who don't have time to think about yourselves, especially for those of you who are pregnant. Bear with me now...AIRBRUSH TANNING!!! I know it sounds cheesy. But, today I gave it a try. It is suppose to be perfectly safe, even if you are pregnant. I am agreeing with a friend who recently said and I quote, "Tan flab is more attractive than pale flab." It's true! My poor stomach has not gotten any sun since I was pregnant with my first son, 6 years ago! I actually wore a maternity bikini, until...the last month. You guessed it, I got "love marks" as #1 would say. You know the permanent "marks" across the belly from too much stretching? Well, my stomach is nice and tan and the love marks look so much better! I decided I needed a "glow" for my baby shower which is this weekend. I also got my hair cut and highlighted today. The boys were so sweet. When my man got home from a meeting, they made me hide and told them they had a surprise. Then they walked him in the kitchen with his eyes closed and yelled, "Isn't mommy beautiful?" Love really is blind, isn't it? I was flattered just the same. Tomorrow I am on a search for a pink dress for the shower. Anyway, just call me "fake and spray", but I'm telling you the airbrush tan is worth a try! I'll post pictures to prove my point when I get new batteries for the camera.

4 comments:

Renee said...

You make me laugh! But I understand COMPLETELY! And the comment your boys made. Oh so sweet!!

Kate said...

oh how FUNNY! my friend used to always tell me - tan fat looks like muscle! hahahah! (i may have to try it out now!) ;)

terrible speller said...

can't wait to see the picks!

terrible speller said...

can't wait to see the picks!