Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Our day

-Miracle of the day: #1 ate brocolli, salmon and turnip greens and asked for more.

-Quote of the day by #1: "Mommy, I am scared of your feet. They look really old. Why do they look so old and when will they heal? *Note to self: Remind the airbrush tanning lady to go easy on the feet next time.

-Most entertaining toy of the day: The boys had a blast putting the little pretend belly pillow under their shirts and acting pregnant. That game went over really well until the third store when they began to throw the pillows at one another and one of them got a velcro strip in the eye.

-Buy of the day: I found an adorable maternity dress for my baby shower! It's a strapless sundress, black with pink polka dots and a big pink bow below the bust line. Again, no batteries in camera so I will post a picture later. My neighbor came by and saw it and asked, "Now how do you make strapless dresses stay up? She obviously has not noticed the two foreign objects below my neck that are getting bigger by the hour. I had to buy a new strapless bra today and I am still thinking that they surely sewed the wrong size in the one that fit!

-Gift of the day: My mom bought me the cutest little diaper bag/backpack! It is extremely feminine, mint green and pink with flowers all over it and #3's name monogrammed in pink. I've waited a long time to buy all of this girly stuff and it has been really fun! But I will admit it is impractical. I will be emptying and washing that pastel diaper bag upteen times a week. Oh well!

-Experience of the day: Earlier this week we volunteered at a homeless ministry. We picked up food at a local restaurant and took the boys to help serve with us. There were around 40 people there. #1, who is eager to visit Disney World, was listening as one of the men in line shared with us his history. He had been to culinary school and worked for years at Epcot as a French chef. My prayer is that the boys will see themselves and their Savior in the faces of the people we served. #1 was a little more withdrawn. There is no telling what questions he will ask during the upcoming weeks about being homeless. He likes to "sit on it" for a while. But #2 found an empty seat and a roll and went about his business of smiling, gabbing and making himself at home. I want God to continue to give us His heart for those in need. I pray that we can embody mercy and along the way learn more about our gracious heavenly Father and His grace for us!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Quite a busy day but sounds like some great memories, especially the homeless ministry.

Joan said...

Can I send you some batteries? :)