Friday, July 21, 2006

God is amazing, I am silly

I don't know why, but God's perfect plan still amazes me when I take the time to acknowledge it. Yesterday we looked at all of the houses in our price range with a finished basement. We had a few options, but none of them were a really great fit. We decided to randomly drive around our favorite neighborhood with our real estate agent. (What we really love is cozy, quaint and lots of families.) We had just looked at a house in that neighborhood and it was just not a good fit. But we felt at home in the neighborhood in a way that we hadn't all day. By sheer accident, we found a house in the back of a cul-de-sac that had a for sale sign with "finished basement" posted at the top. Our agent reluctantly pulled a flyer. I was 100% confident at that moment that the house would be too expensive. It turned out to be in our price range! Long story short, we love the house. We have had a little challenge in really loving any of the houses we have seen. We are actually looking at houses that are $80,000 to $100,000 less than what our current house is selling for. So right away that was something to get used to. But this house is great. Not an inch of space will be wasted, that's for sure.

The neatest little blessing showed that God is concerned about my silly heart. I reluctantly agreed to give our frig away with the sell of our current home. Only a stay-at-home weird mom could say this, but I LOVE my frig. The drawers pull out. The door has the little ice and water spouts and the water tastes so good! (Even though we did let a fudgesicle melt in the water line during our last move. :) ) Well, low and behold the exact same frig comes with the sell of this home that we love. The same stinkin' one! Unbelievable!

So last night we made an offer. We should hear by 3pm whether it is accepted or countered. I pray this will all work out. Incidentally, I have already mentally decorated the house and the Christmas tree will be in the front window on the left. :)

6 comments:

Wendy said...

How awesome is that! Wow! I love my frig too, so I know what you mean. I hope it works out for you. It sounds great. I love cul-de-sacs.

Renee said...

That is wonderful! Hope things continue to work out today and hope you'll post some pictures soon. I think you owe us some, you know. And I'm the say way about decorating a house before we move in or actually buy it. Glad I'm not the only one.

Joan said...

Praying for you. May God out-dream you and give you your heart's desire.

Wendy said...

I liked your comment so well today that I posted your comment and linked you.
Thanks!

Hope the offer went well today.

Kate said...

Aww, even the little things like a fridge are a big deal! Love it.
Good luck w. packing - ugh!

Anonymous said...

Hey renee- I know you posted this several weeks ago, but I have had no time for blogging (we started back to school last week). Anyway, I just read this post and I loved what you shared about God at work! I am encouraged right now because of your experiences.

If we ever move up near you, we will have to meet! We had our house for sale for 7 months and felt the timing was off, so we took it off in April. We were looking in your county!

So, thanks for sharing your stories. Congratulations on your quick sale and move as well! I hope you are feeling good. I know you are miserable in this heat!