Friday, August 26, 2011

Josh's 9th birthday party: Country boy style: go-carts and creek swimming

Our three children's birthdays are all within a six week span. Josh's is the second of three. He asked for a party here at the farm with a go-cart/4 wheeler course and pizza. So yesterday we cleaned and prepped for his big bash! A few decorations out on the screened in porch (aka "farmhouse dining room")















Go-cart races

Lunch time

Presents and cake

Enjoying the cool water in the creek

Relentless jokes about Uncle Ben's wife-beater shirt.






The whole family went out to eat at a bbq restaurant in town tonight. I stayed behind to clean up and take a breather. I think my sweet boy had a fabulous day and I am praising the Lord for great weather and another wonderful year with our Joshua!
It's pretty clear he felt loved and celebrated!

1 comment:

Kim said...

So sad I had to miss it! I got an ear full this morning though....even the leech story!!! I'm glad everyone had a great time, especially Josh!! Oh! Save the date, Oct. 8th 10:00-12:00 for ZMC's party.