Monday, February 21, 2011

Project #2: Lydie's bedside table

My husband gave me a gift certificate to a local antique market for Christmas. I bought two things, an end table and a painting. I wish I would have taken a before picture of the table. It was white with dirt smudges and the legs had peeling paint. I sanded it and covered it with a more muted, antique white. It will be used in the farmhouse as an end table for Lydie's bedroom. Since this project is not very exciting, here's something a little more funky. This is what I bought with the rest of my gift certificate. Because after all, doesn't every farmhouse need one? (I have no idea where to put it. It would be fun in our bathroom...but a cow in the bathroom? Seems a little vulgar!?!)After:

Total cost: $45

2 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Hmm a cow in the bathroom? All depends where you would have it looking at I suppose. :)

Abby Hutto said...

I LOVE the idea of a cow in the bathroom! I think it's fun and unexpected. Although, I'm not sure where exactly one would expect to see a cow...

The bedside table is beautiful!]

We are praying for you guys in your transition. I keep telling Ken he's going to have to take us all on his Auburn trip soon, so you and I can hang out at your farmhouse! :)