Friday, January 28, 2011

Good stuff

To anyone who read the last two posts (that I had the good sense to quickly go back and delete), please forgive me for my crazy, angry, rantings. Some time between Sunday and Thursday I lost any manner of grace, compassion, and understanding. The Lord is gracious. But I still feel awful about a week spent in such a mess.





I am continuing to learn the difference between JOY and HAPPINESS. What I have learned this week is that happiness and suffering do not coexist. But, joy and peace can be the companion of suffering.


A few bright spots from our week:


My son's amazing linguistic ability (He aced the Latin quiz below that left me scratching my head)


My lefty-son's drawing project, slowly drawn with patience and detail


Beginning to read-aloud the Little House series from my childhood set (Notice price tag: K-mart, $1.77)



Winter candles glowing at the dinner table


Little signs of Valentine's day around the house




My bright, yellow reminder


Ice cream and shopping at IKEA today


Ready for a new week. I have my eyes and heart ready to search for beauty and joy among each day! Meditating on these words, as suggested by my husband:


Lamentations 3:22-24


"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait on Him."

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Hang in there...I'll be praying for you.

Thanks for the beautiful reminders...joy really is a beautiful thing.