Saturday, May 30, 2009

The LJ fan club

Thursday was my girl's last day of Mother's Morning Out. For the beginning of the party, the teacher let the kids play on the indoor playground with the parents. The most interesting thing happened to me, a first for me as a Mommy. It began with a Mom asking me if I was Lydie's Mom. She told me her little boy liked to dress up and pretend to be "Lydie Joy" at night. He had been playing this game with her on a daily basis. Odd, but sweet and interesting. Then, another Mom came up and told me her daughter insisted on a particular pair of sandals at Target to "look like Lydie Joy". Oh my, is this a pattern? Later, Lydie's best friend's Mom told me that all Hayley could talk about was Lydie, and another parent nearby agreed that her child was the same way. Apparently she could have her own little fan club at preschool.

This girl of ours. She makes her mark. I'm thinking there are two possible outcomes here. Either she will be really overbearing or maybe there's a spot waiting for her on Broadway. Or maybe she'll be President one day, there's a third option. All I want is for her to take her larger-than-life personality and use it for God's glory. I pray she is as captivated by Him as her classmates seem to be with her!

2 comments:

Alicia K said...

Renee ~ That is too funny! We always joke about Lexi and Ava Mae's fan clubs at JFBC at Timothy and Wednesday Night classes. I remember one little girl at Timothy chasing me into the hall as I was dropping Lexi off ... she said "can you write down on a piece of paper where you buy Lexi's clothes so I can tell my Mom."

Tiff said...

I love how God makes each one of us and our little ones different. It's so exciting!