Monday, October 27, 2008

A fun outreach

One of my dear, inspiring friends had a vision for our church this year. She wanted to have a follow-up outreach ministry to the visiting families from VBS. So she took her dream and gave it to God, and He shared the passion with the rest of us. It was very exciting last night to see it all come to fruition in our first fall festival. It was a raging success! We sent personal invitations to everyone from VBS and invited the rest of our community, as well. We had new, happy faces around every corner. I can't wait to see how God uses this event for His glory!

Two beautiful teenage girls took our picture, thus the blank looks. Boys lose their cool around pretty girls from birth, it seems.

I still call these "moonwalks", but I was told that dates me. Now they are "bouncy houses". Andy manned the bouncy houses while I manned the kids.

Jaybird's headband was a flashback to Flashdance. He wore it like this all night.

Worn out, but not too tired to jump "one more time".

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

What fun!! :) I LOVE that you call it "Moonwalk"! That makes me smile!

Hope all is getting better for you! And, hope your wonderful husband's back is "back" to normal! :)