Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's just around the corner!

Fall will be here in 9 days. But who's counting? The boys helped me put out a few small hints of fall around the house. My kids get such a kick out of these tiny details (and so do I!).

Out with the old...

In with the new! I took a CHEAP fall wreath from Wal-Mart (around $4) and pulled off the leaves, berries and pumpkins. Then I left the greenery (dried grass would have been better) and went to town with the hot glue gun. This yellow container that my sister-in-law gave me is the perfect color for every season!

It wouldn't be our house without a little seasonal treat in the kitchen. These mini parfait dishes were $1.25 at Wal-Mart.

I added a piece of china to my collection. I love this pattern. The plate is from TJ Maxx Home and cost $3.25. I might have to go back and buy a few more.

A little more stuff to get us in the mood. Here's my wish list: a weather vane, a wheat topiary or two and some white mini pumpkins. Can't wait for my favorite season to begin!

No comments: