Thursday, September 25, 2008

Doggy paddling

I am doggy paddling in the muck today. For whatever reason, maybe sin, maybe God-given personality, burdens feel especially heavy. I've been exposed to a particular amount of ugliness lately: a window into the confusing world of a homosexual, a "Christian" argument for being pro-choice, the pain of gossip, a broken friendship, and standing by my own convictions even though they are painful for others. Not to mention, the daily task of looking inward and recognizing my own sin struggles...day after day. It's all so heavy. I know that I should "cast all my cares upon Him", but it just doesn't happen instantaneously for me. It's a slow, moment-to-moment, painful process. Meanwhile, I doggy paddle with my head just above water- depending on the Lord to keep me afloat (and I know He will).
Just knowing that God is omniscient- that He knows all- and bears up under it all- is enough for me to bow down and worship Him. The cares of my own life are too much for me! But He goes further than knowing all, He continues to love me and you in spite of it all. And not only that, He takes on human form and lives among us and then lays down his life for us- while knowing it all. And best of all, He conquers it all when He is resurrected. The story never ceases to amaze me. I hope I remember to tell myself the story of the gospel every single day. If He can bear up the sins of the world, I know He can carry this weak, tired follower. I am so glad that He has walked this way before me.

Take these hands and lift them up
For I have not the strength to praise you near enough
I have nothing, I have nothing without You.
Take my voice and pour it out
Let it sing the songs of mercy I have found.
I have nothing, I have nothing without You.
All my soul needs is all your heart to cover me
So all the world can see I have nothing without You.
Take my body and build it up
May it be broken as an offering of love.
For I have nothing, I have nothing without You.
All my soul needs is all your heart to cover me
So all the world can see that I have nothing without You.
But I love you
With all my heart
With all my soul
With all my mind
All with all my strength that I can find.
Take my time on this earth
And let it glorify all that You are worth.
I have nothing, I have nothing with You.
Bebo Norman

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

What beautiful lyrics! Cling to that truth, dear friend! Thank you for your pure honesty. It's refreshing.

Hope things brighten for you!