Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fun times

For the last two weeks my to-do list has been enormous. I had two events to plan. The first was my husband's 33rd birthday party. I invited 7 or 8 couples to a night of bowling. It was loud and crazy, but I think everyone had fun. Here we are under the blue and purple neon lights. :) There seems to be no such thing as just bowling now a days. There are now big screen tvs and blaring speakers everywhere. Is this annoying or am I just getting old?
His birthday cake was equally crazy. I found two "blackmail" pictures and the title below. He wasn't even that embarassed. Darn.

Our women's ministry had our winter event. We call it Souper Supper. It involved soup, bread, dessert and a speaker. We had nine tables of ladies, each table decorated by a different volunteer.



I made these snowflakes for my table. This is what they look like in my kitchen. They are very easy to make. As you can guess, my table had a winter theme.



Here are some of the other materials that I used, white dishes, silver napkins, white ribbon, clear candle holders, blue paisley paper for winter poems and quotes and a lot of tulle.



Here is my table. I should have taken more pictures. The table cloth was a light blue. There was a tall clear vase with twigs painted silver. The snowflakes were tied to the branches with white ribbon. I used blue and white printed scrap book paper as placemats, which you can not see in the picture. I used a bright blue colander for bread and extra napkins. And the tulle was used to distract from the plastic blue gym chairs.

I enjoyed the other tables so much. There was a Peruvian table, a St. Pat's table, a Scandinavian table, and other beautiful ideas. My best friend, Liz, decorated two tables. They were darling. She used lime green, white and black. She had baskets of green apples and pears in the center. Each place setting had black paper with white polka dots for place mats. She used sparkling pear juice bottles and daisies with black and white gingham ribbon to decorate with a spring theme. I love seeing the artistic side of the ladies in my church.

Our speaker was from a local ministry for homeless women and children. She was both inspiring and humbling. I cringe to think of the beautiful, nameless faces that are suffering right here in our own city every night. I am praying about getting involved in her ministry next year. All in all, we have had an exciting week! We are very blessed to have much to celebrate!

2 comments:

RHB said...

Sadly, I think we are getting old, but not as old as A! Happy 33rd Birthday to A!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

love the pics!