Thursday, July 19, 2007

A wonderful treat

Today was such a welcomed, carefree day! Not that our summer days aren't always somewhat carefree. But today, it was a carefree-budget-free day! My mom is here this week and she treated us to an amazing day at a museum. I paid admission, and after that she completely spoiled us all. She bought us yummy lunches, not to mention an assortment of kiddie delights. Dinosaur cups, lizard shirts, snake toys, to name a few.


Besides the innumerable teachable moments that I had at the museum (explaining that the earth is not, indeed, a million years old according to the Bible for the millionth time, observing the difference between a gecko and a cameleon, etc., etc.), I had a wonderful moment with #1. Randomly, he asks: "Mama, so what will our new bodies look like in heaven?" I thought this question was a very interesting question coming from a 6 year old! Then before I could speak he says, "Well, anyway, if I could pick I would want to be a kid!" Interesting, huh? Sometimes, no a lot of times, he leaves me speechless!


Tonight I had planned on taco night. We were all pooped after fighting the traffic on the way home. Lo and behold, Mom saved the day again and took us all out to dinner. Thank you, Lord, for the blessings!

5 comments:

Hyperactive Lu said...

Mothers are so great especially once you have kids! They look after you because THEY UNDERSTAND! :) Glad you had an awesome day!

Anonymous said...

I was just telling my son that when he reads information about dinosaurs being alive millions of years before people that the author of that information does not believe the Biblical account of creation. It is amazing how this info sneaks in everywhere!

The Blakes said...

Wow looks like you guys had a blast! Jaybird is astounding...:) I think I'd want to be a kid too...what a neat thought. May you be blessed and again...thanks for sharing!

:)

The Blakes said...

have you guys ever watched any of Kent Hovind's videos about creation? They are EXCELLENT for kids...www.drdino.com

MorningSong said...

I want to know what Jaybird does when he grows up! He is always coming up with such amazing thoughts or questions! He is definitely filled with a knowing and I look forward to hearing how God uses this to minister to others!
Jaybird is definitely fearfully and wonderfully made! He is a unique little man!