Thursday, July 05, 2007

Creativity denied






Happy 4rth!

I have noticed in perusing my usual blogs that several of you are so creative! I don't boast any talent in any artistic area, but I do so enjoy time to create. I have spent every rare, spare moment reading and writing this summer. I am re-writing some science units for my son's school, along with several other teachers and parents this summer. It has been a very big task, much bigger than I ever imagined! Between the units and my recent insatiable desire to read about classical education and other topics of interest, I have not made time to sew, paint, scrapbook, or draw. I am LONGING for time to just sit and make something! But I fear this fall will be my soonest opportunity, as I have committed to certain deadlines.



All this to say that you all inspire me! Particularly you moms that are sewing such adorable bibs and dresses. Keep the projects coming! I am storing your wonderful, creative ideas in a mental file for "some day soon"!

6 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

Loved the photos! Funny you were in the 80's. Up in the Midwest it was HOT, HUMID and around 90!!!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

We are in the south too, where are ya'll at? I could not get over how "cool" it was!! In fact I was chilly while we were watching the fireworks! Nice change wasn't it!! I enjoyed those pictures! So cute!! Have a great night!

Anonymous said...

Renee-

you see. The thing is you are weaving creativity into your life in different ways. Writing science materials sure requires some creative thought. I know it's not color and paint, but it sure is art- in a cerebral form. I so enjoy your passion for life, and your company. Let's get together next week, if time allows!

MorningSong said...

I agree with Maryanne! I think it is VERY creative to have a Stinky Feet Camp on top of all the other things you've been doing! That dessert was CREATIVE!! Writing = Creative!! You are my hero!! :)

MorningSong said...

Oh, I forgot to mention - my son has been creative enough for all who feel uncreative! Check out my blog for a little creativity!

Paula said...

It looks lie you had a wonderful Fourth.

Lydia is beginning to look so much like the boys. She is a doll.

I think the dessert you made was creative. That is as far as I get with creativity...cooking.