Tuesday, July 24, 2007

God is wiff you!

This week is VBS at our church. My kids LOVE VBS! Last year the spiritual fruits that #1 received from VBS were amazing, so we have been counting down the days until this summer! After their second day today I already saw our first benefit from this wonderful ministry!
The boys were swimming in the pool today. Toot wanted so badly to jump in the pool, but he was scared. Before I could say anything, #1 said, "Remember our Bible point from VBS? God is always with you!" No kidding. And later when the kids were doing a little art at the kitchen table I overheard more encourgement, this time from #2. My #1 HATES to mess up and have to erase in art or handwriting. When that happened and he got frustrated #2 said, "We-member? God is wiff you!" Wow.
At dinner tonight when I was telling my husband what I overheard I asked him, "Do we apply the spiritual truths that we hear at church or in studies as quickly and appropriately as they do?" We both agreed that we probably don't. Thank you, God, for softening their little hearts! No matter how hard I try, my efforts are all feeble and worthless without the work of your Spirit in their hearts. Your grace is so amazing!

1 comment:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

That is so sweet!! God's grace through our children is what I find to be some amazing moments in my life.......just like this one for you!! Soak it all in!! Have a great day!!