Monday, July 30, 2007

Pirate party preparations

#1 will be 7 tomorrow. I blew the budget for his party. I had to pull $40 extra from grocery and miscellaneous money to cover the party! I have a weakness for birthdays. I love a reason to celebrate and my kids' birthdays are at the top of the list. So here's how the money panned out. I included our ideas in case you have a pirate party, as well. Pray for sunny weather tomorrow!

Some stuff I found around the house to use for decorations.
The $1 mask. It is much cheaper than buying bandanas and eye patches!


My husband made this treasure map on the computer. The kids are going to dig up buried treasure boxes with shovels, go over the swamp (creek) to earn the masks, walk the plank ( a log) for their swords, and do an obstacle course in the back woods for their tatoos. He will be dressed in full pirate costume leading the crew (beard and all).

Pirate party for 12 kids
Food- pizza (20) + cake (5) + capri suns (5) = 30
Decor- balloons (4) + banner (3) + pirate ship drawn on cardboard refrig box (2 for paint)= 10
Games/ favors- buckets/shovels (11) + swords (33) + masks (11) + tatoos (3) + pinata (5) + pirate costume for daddy (borrowed, free) = 63
invitations- 11
TOTAL= $114


Treasure box pinata found in the Kroger sale isle for $5.


Buckets for kids found at Michael's for $1. Painted their names and found foamy stickers for decorations.A few piratey extras
I definitely splurged on the swords, masks and buckets. Those 3 things that we are giving to each child accounted for $55, almost half the total. I think the kids will enjoy them. Pictures from the party to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate we are missing it!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Wow! What a fun party. Man, makes me want to come :) ha ha! You really outdid yourself there. He is going to have such a memorable day.

MorningSong said...

What a fun party! You put so much of you into it and that makes it more special indeed! I am embarrassed to say - our party for my daughter will be at Build a Bear after seeing all the cool stuff you've done!! :) Great job, let us know how it all went! Right now my son is pointing at the computer asking me about the pirate decorations on your blog. He is 2, so I am sure your big guys will love it too!
ENJOY yourself! :)