Monday, June 11, 2007

I finally did it!

I have finally gotten down to my pre-pregnancy weight! Now granted, it is not my ideal. But I have met my first goal. The key was giving up Coca-Cola, a long time addiction. I have had an afternoon Coke as a "treat" since my second son was born. I started my Coca-Cola-free life 7 days ago and I have lost 6 pounds. No kidding. It makes me cringe to think of all of the sugar that I have consumed over the years!
I prayed 8 days ago that God would show me a system for getting my body, all areas of it, in order. I love a plan. God gave me the idea to spend the next 100 days in deep prayer over making good choices for my mind, body and soul. I started on Monday, just really thinking about how I spend my time, what I eat, what I talk about, what I do with my spare time. I decided to s-l-o-w down and pray. God has taught me a lot so far. I can plainly see that my diet was not the best, obviously. And I have noticed that although I would not consider myself a big fan of the tv, I watch more than I realize when I need to relax. I have wasted many minutes staring at the tube and not walking away with anything positive to show for it! I have also realized that I want to capture the moments with each family member, including my husband, where we just rest or talk and really look at the whites of each others eyes. No places to be, no goals, no questions, just getting to know each other. This is what I love about summer! A time to reflect, play and live slower.

5 comments:

RHB said...

Sounds like a great summer plan to me! I am inspired by your Coca Cola weight loss too. I have developed the afternoon Coke ritual lately as well. That could explain why I am up blogging at almost one in the morning. Yikes!

RHB said...

I forgot to say...I love the pic of Lydie and yes, she is worth it! :)

MorningSong said...

Congrats on your victory!! We could all use a 100 days of focus too!

Wendy said...

Such a sweet picture, she is growing!

That is great that you are doing so well. I need to stop drinking so much too. It would be better if I liked diet, but I don't.

I know what you mean about TV. I don't watch much, but it really can be such a huge time waster. There are some things that are worthwhile, but not much. I read once that the average 70 year old has spent 10 yrs. of their life watching TV. Sad! Yikes!

Jennifer said...

Such great encouragement. May the Lord reward your obedience!