Monday, June 04, 2007

Heart break

Tonight we received an email from my very first college roommate. We have been friends since 8th grade. She is this vivacious, beautiful person that seems to captivate anyone she meets. My husband arranged a surprise dinner for she and me for my 30th birthday. I had no idea who was going to be at the restaurant, I only knew to go and look for someone! There she was at the bar sharing a glass of wine with a complete stranger. That's her!

After 4 or 5 years, maybe more, of trying to get pregnant she was thrilled to be expecting her first baby this month. To my shock, her email shared that she has lost her baby at 36 1/2 weeks. I don't know the details, only that the loss was sudden and completely unexpected.

I am so heart broken for her. I know the pain of a miscarriage at 14 weeks, with three healthy children. That pain runs so surprisingly deep for me. I have no idea of her pain and loss. Please pray for Allison tonight. I am praying that the Lord will be rich and alive and undeniable for her in her grief. I pray that His Spirit will be so present that she will find joy in Him even in her loss.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

How painful the lose of a baby no matter how far pregnant you are my heart goes out to your friend. The Holy Spirit is our true comforter. love always me

Abby said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I have a friend going through something like this as well. Even though I have also had the pain of losing an unborn child, there are circumstances that so often make others' experience seem harder- more than I could bear. I will pray for your friend. It is encouraging to see Lydia and Elspeth, babies who came after such a hard situation, to have hope for these moms that they will have a healthy baby all their own crawling, clapping, and cutting teeth before too long. But I know that is little comfort to them while they grieve the loss of the one they have been awaiting. I guess the only comforting thing is that she will see her baby on the other side of glory. I look forward to that!

MorningSong said...

I pray she will receive comfort from the only true Comforter!! My heart is grieved for her! I pray she will get through this tough time with the Holy Spirit as her guide!

Many blessings!

RHB said...

I will definitely be praying for Allison. I can't imagine what she must be going through, but I will definietly be lifting her up.