Saturday, June 23, 2007

Camp Stinky Feet, day 3

Camp is over. After a trip to the farmer's market, the town square, pizza, ice cream and swimming, we said our farewells. It was so much fun having an extra little set of stinky feet around here. My boys were beyond exhaustion when we finally tucked them in bed. #1 began to cry because he missed his cousin. #2 fell asleep during bedtime prayers. Times like this pull at my heartstrings because we do not live closer to family. Although we are only three hours apart, it does feel odd to be the only members of our family that are in a different city. Simultaneously, I feel at home here and know we are exactly where God wants us to be. I am very thankful for this precious time together, and I hope that Camp Stinky Feet will be a lasting tradition.

1 comment:

RHB said...

So sweet! What a great tradition!!!!!!!!