Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Nesting Nazi

I have gone into complete nesting mode...not in a cute way. My poor man has moved 2 pieces of furniture into the baby's room and put together the crib all in one day today. We made this goal to have her room done by the end of August (which by the way is tomorrow!), and I would not budge. He was working on it right up until 20 minutes before he had to go to youth group.

And I'm not just going crazy to get the nursery done. I make these lists for myself that are out of control each day. Yesterday I made a list of 22 things that need to be done. I kindof thought that I might get them done all yesterday. (And if I wasn't pregnant, by golly, I would have!) Of course, the list did not include dishes, laundry, cooking or homeschooling, you know the usual stuff. So I went to bed with 4 accomplished tasks from that crazy list. I think I may have done 4 more today. Some of the things are not necessities, but most of them are. (Like grocery shopping and going to get books for our new unit study that started 2 days ago.) How did I get so far behind? I think when you become a homeschooler, you have to be willing to do things around the house after they go to bed. Most days it takes until 12:30 to finish school. Then lunch. And then I feel like the kids need to get out of the house and at least breathe fresh air, or on a lot of days see a friend or two. By the time that is all over with it seems I am moving toward cooking dinner, then cleaning the kitchen, taking baths, reading books...and then OOPS! It is 8:00. Normally that is when I put up the laundry, clean out the messy car, prepare for the next day of school, etc. Well, at this stage of pregnancy I am done with my day by 8:00. So I guess that is where I am coming up short, just lacking that hour or two at night. Hmm...I guess I'll just have to prioritize. But no matter how much I try to not let it bother me, it just does. I guess I am and always will be fundamentally a little anal.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Very true, homeschooling changes things.

I was always like that too...nesting. You are getting close! I can't wait to hear the good news.

Renee said...

Ahhhh, the joys of nearing the end of pregnancy! And I'm sure your husband did not complain one bit about moving all the furniture. : ) Remind us when you are due?

I'm learning a lot of those homeschooling lessons as we have just started this week. So far, ok, but definitely needs a lot of tweaking.

RHB said...

You're almost there! Love you!

Kate said...

Oh I hear ya on this one! It all falls into place (every now and then!). Are you in the last month now? I think I remember you saying Sept or Oct. some time back (but I'm short on time to go look at archives!)

Abby said...

I think my list is equally long and that is why I am NOT sleeping- I am too stubborn to go to bed until everything is done. But where is the line? Do I really have to have a baptism outfit in the works?! I keep thinking "I have to get this done while I have time," and the "time" ends up being at four in the morning. I am amazed you are doing homeschool already! I am just waiting to start until October. I figure we'll catch up over time. I guess I have prioritized, just in a weird order, cute layette over my other child's education. Hmmm... It just goes to show that we WILL do what we WANT to do. And I just would rather be sewing than teaching :) Hope you get the things you want done in time! It sounds like you are doing better than you think. We're on close to the same schedule right? Down to days rather than weeks!