Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Blessings

Today I received the BIGGEST blessing! There were two, actually. The first was that my dear friend called and offered to let my kids come over to play for the day. We have had a lot of playdates here since we moved in because we have a pool in the backyard. But this is the first time in the last crazy three weeks that my kids have been dropped off at a friend's house. (Okay, the second. Another friend did watch the kids during one of the closings.) Anyhow, it could not have come at a better time! I am stubbornly trying to get the house in tip top condition for this weekend because we are having the boys' birthday party here. We are basically done unpacking, and so now I am trying to make our house look like a home. I think I hung close to thirty things on our walls yesterday and today. If I was not pregnant, I would probably be painting or sewing window treatments at midnight. I act a little looney when we first move into a house. It's like I am on a race to make life back to normal, so I won't stop until I am completely done with each room. It has been exhausting, but the "nesting" phase of pregnancy could not have come at a better time. So today, while my boys spent 4 HOURS with their friends, I unpacked my little girl's wardrobe and hung pictures in my bedroom. (I also wasted a good 45 minutes shopping in my favorite flea market for plates to hang on my kitchen wall. Is that irrational, or what?)

So, I mentioned I was blessed by two sweet souls today. My friend was the first and my precious husband was the second. He is paying a cleaning crew to come and clean the house on Friday. OH MY GOSH! I literally teared up when he called and told me today. This Friday, I was planning to clean the entire house, buy all of the birthday party supplies, and cook a big dinner for out-of-town guests by 5 pm. I am so relieved that he was so thoughtful!! Yeah! He also told me at dinner that he had planned our anniversary date. On August 31 #2 turns four and we will have our 10th anniversary. We have always planned on Paris for our 10th. I don't think it would be a good idea just a few weeks before the baby is born, so we are settling for some kind of special date here in town. I am excited just to have a night out. I told him that maybe we could go to Paris on our 12 1/2 anniversary...you know, half way to the silver anniversary.

I really was going to post pictures tonight, but...my man borrowed my digital for work and I don't have a clue where it is. I promise, promise to post pictures soon.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Paris? Oh, I would definitely keep that one in the plans for later!

Sounds like you are getting all settled in. I'm dying to hang pictures after being here for a year. I finally pulled everything out from under the bed and from the closets. Maybe it'll get done soon. Could you fill me in the flea market you visit? I love those kinds of places!

Hope everything goes well this weekend.

Wendy said...

So did you end up finding any plates that you like?

I am the same way when I move. I want to get settled and for it to feel like home.

That is so great that your friend offered to have the boys and that your husband is helping you out too. What a guy!

Happy 10 yr. We celebrated ours this year too and always hoped to be in Hawaii or on a cruise, but with a little baby that wouldn't work, so maybe we will try for the 12 1/2 as well.

I have one that will be '4' in a few months too. Hope the party goes well.

Joan said...

I remember all that surrounded this time last year. God is good. The joy in your voice, celebrating another anniversay, moving on into another phase of life. It's really awesome to see. Thanks for blogging. I rejoice over you and "your God" and mine today.

Blessings as you nest.

Lana said...

Yeah for good friends and for a cleaning crew!