Thursday, August 24, 2006

Avoiding

My oldest son has a mind that RACES! I don't think I could survive one day if I had to have his brain. He doesn't have a particularly hard time paying attention, or at least I don't think he does in comparison to any other 6 year old boy, but when he speaks I sometimes wonder how he so quickly changes his thought pattern.

Case in point, we were just sitting at lunch. Homeschool is over for the day. He was asking me if I had ever seen a Lilo and Stitch movie. Literally 10 seconds of silence pass and he asks, "What does the tooth fairy look like?" I say, "I don't know, I've never seen her." I see the wheels begin to turn. He tells me for this new loose tooth (He is wiggling his 5th loose tooth, first one to be loose on the top) he is going to paint a special bag to put the tooth in. 10 more seconds of silence pass. He says with a big grin, "Well, there must be magic in this world. Otherwise, how could reindeer fly?" I knew he would go from tooth fairy to Santa. I hold my breath waiting on the big question about Santa. 10 more seconds of silence pass. Then he smiles again and says to himself, "Yeah, and if there is really magic, I bet I can find the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." 10 more seconds of silence pass. And then he says, "Thank you for the food. May I be excused?"

I'm taking a deep sigh of relief right now.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

He has lost 5 teeth already? No wigglies here yet, but my son can't wait.

Isn't it funny how their little minds work. I love hearing what comes out of their mouths sometimes.

terrible speller said...

(smile) can't wait to see you tomorrow. I just love you SO FREAKING much!