Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hello in there!

Yesterday was the most incredible day as a mommy. We had the opportunity to take my mom and the boys to see the baby on a 3D ultrasound. I will admit, we waited later in the pregnancy than recommended, but it was still a special opportunity. I have bonded with my little daughter so much during the last 14 or so weeks since I found out that she is a girl. Each night when the boys are in bed and my man is busy we have our little talks. She kicks right on cue to let me know that she hears me. I sit in her nursery some nights and just stare at her clothes or her bedding and I can almost see my little blue-eyed girl staring up at me. Watching her move and squirm during the ultrasound was really fun. She loves to use those legs and arms. We got one shot of her with her finger all the way up her nostril! (Made the boys proud to know that even girls pick their noses. :) ) And I got the most vivid shot of her "girl part". I know for sure that she is definitely a girl! I just needed to hear that one more time before we go to buy the pink paint.

When we drove home from the doctor, I was so elated. A beautiful girl who looks healthy. It's so awesome after our miscarriage last year to keep getting these positive reports. I am so much more grateful after what we have gone through. I just can not wait to meet this little soul! So we drove up to the house and there was a package for me. A family member sent the sweetest dress, booties and blanket I have ever seen. The dress says, "Fairest among the roses" and has roses sewn into it. I tried to post a picture, but it doesn't do it justice at all. Even my mom wants little #3 to wear this dress home from the hospital instead of the actual dress that I wore home from the hospital! It was just a special night of anticipation and...joy!

Today we were rushing home from the library at 5 pm. I was so overwhelmingly exhausted that I caught myself yawning every 10 seconds. I began to feel a little anxious about every life that depends so heavily on me right now. I thought of my baby that is sucking up all of my energy and depends on me for everything. I looked at my little boys in the back seat that are depending on me for their education, security, and SO much more. I thought of my poor husband who has given a million percent to help me out and is now requesting some "intimate" time with him. I began to feel like I just didn't have any more to give to any of them! I am emotionally, physically and spiritually having the life sucked right out of me! And instantaneously God allowed this song to play from one of my favorite cds. The lyrics said, "Take my body and build it up. May it be broken as an offering of love. I have nothing, nothing without You." The Spirit used this song to automatically turn my exhaustion into pure joy. I began to think what an honor it is that these four people depend on me for things that NO ONE ELSE can provide for them! God chose me alone. I came home feeling still tired, but truly excited about the tasks before me. I really do love being a wife and mom and I am so thankful for a God who never ceases to soften my heart and show me how blessed I am!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I have heard the 3D ultrasounds are wonderful, but haven't seen them. How wonderful, what a blessing.

I loved how God used that song to lift you up. I have these thoughts sometimes too and it can be overwhelming to think about sometimes. It is good to know we are not alone. He is always there for us.

Renee said...

You know, ever since our 3rd son was born, I've been pretty content with a house full of boys. Those strong desires for a girl aren't there as much. However, whenever you write your sweet thoughts about your baby girl, I start wishing for a little girl just a little bit more.

And I am inspired by how you always manage to turn an exhausting moment into something good. So encouraging.