Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Mommy award

Today was full of mischief and interesting quotes from the children. I admit, I was on the phone a lot today and that contributed to the mischief. I had almost a dozen calls to return, some quick and some long (Angela). :) But I got to talk to everyone that I needed to and catch up with a few friends. Here are some of the adventures the boys found during the process:

*Soapy water splashed from the sink on to the walls and floor
*Bad attitude for being asked to clean up water
*"I'll wun away if you spank me!", dramatically delivered by #2 when his attitude was followed up with discipline
*Somehow they got the tivo to replay "So you think you can dance" and I came in just in time to hear #2 say. "I fink dey are gonna kiss" as they watched a pair do ballroom dancing
*Sand poured into hair
*About 50 books were brought to me from the bookshelf to read and then put in a reject pile when I pointed to the phone to say that I could not read to them
*#2 got his foot stuck in the cushion as he dangled upside down off of the sofa
*#2 got out a ton of train tracks, not to play trains, but to use as "bones" as he was pretending to be a doggy, which he carried all around the house and "buried"
*And finally, beautifully, #1 found 3 good books, put #2 in his lap and read to him

Do I get the mommy award today or what?

No comments: