Thursday, June 15, 2006

Leaps

Today we are gearing up for a quick trip to the beach. We go to this same area most years. We rent a small house, it is secluded, and it is near a fort where the kids can play at the "castle" for hours on end. My man goes fishing, the kids swim and look for crabs, and I paint or scrapbook and bask in the sun. We'll take long walks and play dozens of board games. We usually read a book together and ten million to the children.

Our agenda is really special this year, though, and I am so excited. My husband wants to go and really focus on a vision for our family (beginning after the baby comes...we are on cruise control until then!). We have been working on this "vision" for the past year. God is at work in the life of our little family. He has been so gracious to reveal where our gifts are at church and then allow us ministry opportunities in those areas. We could sense His desire for us to have another baby and he has blessed us with this pregnancy. We could sense His calling my man to quit his job, as I talked about in an earlier post, and we have just enjoyed his first week of working at home. And now we are making decisions about other ministries he would have us to be involved in, including homeschooling. We had made a decision to put #1 in school at our church where there is a small K-8 school. I felt pretty good about it, although I had many doubts. (Not about the school, but about the "fit".) And then one day a couple of weeks back, my man says, "This school decision is not "us".)

So there we were, dazed and confused. But decision time is now. So we are going to go to one of our favorite quiet spots and listen to God. Isn't it a thrill to be in His presence and listen? I have a feeling we will be taking another leap of faith. I pray that God will be glorified as we seek to honor Him. So...signing out until Wednesday!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

How wonderful to be together in such a relaxing place. And, even more wonderful that you are trusting in God to lead your family. I hope you have a great time together!

Joan said...

Go "drink". Taste and see that the Lord, He is good. Seek and you will find.

Have a great time! Sounds like a great place!

terrible speller said...

I am going to miss you. I love you and I will be praying for y'all.