Thursday, June 22, 2006

Back from the beach

We had the most wonderful time. I try not to have unrealistic expectations of vacation. I never know when someone will come down with a virus or when it will rain out all of our plans. All I knew was that I needed time to pray, rain or shine, sick or well. God graciously gave me that time and so much more!

I'll post more pics later, but this week went off without a hitch! The weather was beautiful. Somewhat mild for the beach, but plenty of sun. And the kids had a blast. Everyone was happy and well. The highlights for us as a family were playing with the sand and ocean, finding sand dollars, catching crab at night, exploring the fort, fishing with Daddy, and becoming fearless in the ocean. We also enjoyed a beautiful restaurant where the entire center of the facility is a big sand hill with toys for children to play. #1 learned how to drive his own go-cart and #2 got a crash course in mini-golf. I got to sleep in a lot and have quiet time alone when the boys napped. And my man got to go fishing every day. All in all, we all had time to do what we wanted to do and relax.

God was gracious also to answer my prayers and give me direction for this coming year (I refer to the coming year as beginning in September). I enjoyed reading many Psalms, Proverbs and the book of Matthew. We sang lots of praise songs together, my man brought his guitar. What a week! I'll post more specifics later. I hope you all are also having a nice summer!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

What a nice picture! Glad you had such a nice time.