Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The lazy days of summer

I had a "girls night out" with two of my closest friends last night. Our conversation spurred on some thoughts and reflections that I will share soon. But tonight I feel lazy and just want to find my favorite blue blanket and soft pjs.

First, I need to say that I love summer. I am six months pregnant and will probably be hating this hot season soon. But right now spending time with the boys at the pool (I secretly love to go down the water slide as much as they do), eating popsicles, reading the day away and seeing their beautiful blue eyes sparkle against their freshly tan faces is enough to overshadow the heat.

So, here is my quote for the day. It is taken from #1. I was cleaning his ears with q-tip after bath time and he shouted, "Momma, please don't scoop all my brains out. I will die." He was actually serious and not making a joke. I think he's been reading too many Magic School bus books!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

We're loving summer too. It's so nice to be outside and play with the kids.