Monday, December 23, 2013

Family parties

“My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed; for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name. And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation.
Luke 1:46-50
 
On the 14th, my Mom's side of the family got together at my parent's house...
My mom and aunt are the hostesses.  They have a friend dress up as Santa every year.  This year he was unavailable, so Andy got to be Santa.  SO funny!
Nana had two children, my mom and uncle.  They got married and each had 2 children.  And a few decades later...11 grandchildren!
Ho, ho, ho!
The girls created a musical show for us after dinner.  They always do!  And I love it!
Greyce and Eryn singing together.  So sweet!
Anna's song
On the 22nd, my Dad's side of the family got together at my Aunt's house and I forgot my camera!!  Aggg!  It was such a sweet night.  Fun cocktails, great food, lots of catching-up with cousins, a fun "dirty Santa", and beautiful gifts. I loved the time we had for good conversations.

On the 23rd, Andy's parents and his brother's family got together at our house...
Papa with his 6 grandchildren
Clay's gift.  Looks like the others like it more than him! ha!
Josh was SO excited to get this Disney Infinity game!
A North Face jacket!  This was the first year he asked for clothes for Christmas.  Weird, but cool!
Mimi enjoying being a guest and not a host!  I LOVED hosting this year!

Since the men were having a jam session in our basement after dinner, the kids and I decided to go ahead and give Andy our gift.  Here he is waiting, anticipating...
He has asked for a mandolin for years.  (He had one that got broken when he was at a Youth Group function years ago.  He was so excited and spent a while testing it out.  I hope he enjoys it!
I'm pretty sure he will!
"Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!"
Hamilton Wright Mabie

No comments: