Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fun in the ATL

We loved our time away. I took every morning of VBS to do some things alone or with friends while the kids were having fun. Can you say SPOILED? I felt that way all week. I had coffee with several friends, visited one, shopped for birthday gifts and party items for Jackson, along with browsing all the clothes, books, jewelry, and craft supplies a girl could want while I walked through stores from my old stomping grounds. I am a little mad at myself for not visiting my two favorite flea markets. But then again, there is always next time! I had hours of conversation while the kids swam in the afternoons, had a very fun night out with my friends, and watched the entire BBC version of Pride and Prejudice- all 6 episodes- with my best friend. It was so fun and relaxing!On Friday, the last day of VBS, I dropped off the kids and went with a friend to the Georgia home school convention and bought or ordered all of our books for this fall. Wow, am I excited! It is SO good to be home. Now we are full of love and good memories for our Atlanta friends and so excited about the friendships we hope to make this year! And I honestly couldn't have gone one more day without my husband. Time to STAY HOME and focus on getting ready for school!Lydie doing the "I'm-at-Krispy-Kreme" dance!
Sweet Marie was Lydie's crew leader! Can't wait to have her down the road at Auburn this fall!!
The blow-up mattress didn't do so well. When I went in to check on the boys and found them like this I did the ugly, cry laugh. Lizzie thought I was so cruel. Wouldn't you laugh, though?

2 comments:

Sue Mitchell said...

Love the picture of our "baby" girls together....

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Oh!! So glad you had a wonderful visit! That's the one thing about sharing your heart with 2 worlds...there are a few moments when you can enjoy both for what they are -- different and unique, yet both from the Lord.

We feel that way too when we go back to visit...

Keep looking up! Thankful that you had this special time! :)