Monday, January 04, 2010

The Wonderful Mundane

I am so very glad to be back into the groove of normalcy. I was really dreading it all after the holidays. I thought teaching, housework, waking up early again, and all the rest sounded exhausting. But today has been simply wonderful. Last night we had a family meeting. Andy and I discussed with the kids the goals we have for them for the year. They added a few of their own. (Toot's #1 goal: To help Mom and Dad more. God bless his little soul!!) I typed out my resolutions and vision for myself, along with a new schedule. We pulled Lydie out of preschool and the boys have switched gears, too. Instead of a morning of enrichment classes, they have each chosen 2 types of "lessons" to take.

Toot: Karate and Lego club

Jaybird: Karate and Theatre

Lydie: ballet and swimming

Boys: Royal Ambassadors (RAs is a watered down version of Scouts, with a missions emphasis.)
All this sounds like a lot! But we still have more days spent completely at home than not.


I am really excited that we are using our budgeted money to really hone in on their gifts and interests. And somehow they still have time to play together, outside, and have family time almost every evening. Our schedule seems to have really fallen into place for the rest of the school year. Winter is looking up after all! (But I'm still counting the days until spring.)

No comments: