Sunday, January 24, 2010

Questions that have made my noodle dizzy today

A few nights ago I went out alone to have dinner with friends. I saw a hot pink VW "Herbie". It had a light pink floral pattern from top to bottom, along with a large Brazilian Bikini ad (complete with photographed model). How many points does that car score in the traveling car game? I'd say at least 50.


Almost all of my favorite authors wrote juvenille literature. (C.S. Lewis, J.R. Tolken, E.B. White, Laura Ingalls Wilder, J.K. Rowling, Madeleine L'Engle) What does this say about me? Maybe all the really good writers write children's novels. Or maybe I have the insight of a ten year old. Who knows.

As I have been watching the horrorible situation in Haiti, I decided to do some research on the history of Haiti. What a heartbreaking story they have of fighting slavery and desperately trying to build a country with their limited resources. I tried to count the amount of times they have changed leadership, but lost count.
A good place to give:http://www.reformationhope.org/

I have watched The Notebook three times in the last two weeks. If you take out the sex, the courtship in this movie reminds me so much of mine and Andy's. So much passion, so many differences, yet such a perfect match. And, I think the guy looks like Andy (I don't know the actor's name). I watched it one night last weekend when Andy was gone on a hunting trip and cried my eyes out for an hour...after the movie was over! I am so thankful for him, our love story, continued passion...what a gift.


How does a woman balance her many callings? The only universal answer I can come up with is with discernment, wisdom, and grace. It is such a great responsibility to listen to God as I seek to use my moments well.

No comments: