Thursday, January 14, 2010

Want a tour?

The house is officially on the market and the first agent came to show it on Thursday. It made this whole move seem more real than ever! But I am determined to enjoy the house while I can. (After all, how often are all the rooms neat and organized?) I am so curious about how people decorate. If you are too, come on and take a look. Keep your expectations low because I do not recall ever spending over $200 on a room before, so every room was put together on a shoestring budget! I also want to post all of these pictures because I want to remember how these rooms looked.














From the front door we have a narrow foyer:
The foyer leads to the master on the right. Our "master" bathroom is pretty tiny. Cozy, but cute.























Our bedroom:


*The view from my bed: my birthday present from Andy. We got it on ebay for $35 several years ago and he remembered the canvas and had it framed for me. The foot board is about four feet from the wall, even though it looks like it is against the wall in this picture.*

From the foyer, the kitchen is straight ahead: *Twirling girl not included in the sale of the house*
The family room is on the left of the foyer:

And behind the family room is the dining room. We have been in this house three and a half years and this room has changed five or six times. It was a dining room, play room, dining room again, school room, and now back to dining room. It has been four colors!



And this is our pantry/art closet/laundry room, all labeled and neat. This order is a miracle!:
Let's go upstairs to the kids' domain. Upstairs we have two bedrooms. The boys' space room on the left. This bedroom is one of the few rooms in the house that I would describe as big. I will miss this space for the boys!

And Lydie's pink room (my favorite room in the house):

And the there is the kids' bathroom. We painted the walls and cabinets the same color as our master bathroom. The shower curtain was from our last house, and works well with both pink and blue to represent all three kids! All of the wall decor is from Toot's nursery. I kept it all because during that very rough time in our lives when he was born, his nursery was a place of happy, sweet memories. He was the sweetest, most beautiful baby! In fact, when we renovated this bathroom a couple of months ago, we spent under $50- the cost to replace the light and bath mat.


And the last floor is the basement. One of our art displays is at the bottom of the steps. Here's a picture looking up from the basement. We keep our timeline and our baskets of shoes in here.And downstairs we have our school room:



And a bedroom (or office, in this case). It is plain and pretty ugly, but at least it has been cleaned out. It had become pretty junky. We are hoping to find a day bed to put in here soon. Maybe I'll fix it up a little if I have time. If we were staying here, I would paint this room a neutral color and fill the walls with color. Then I would move all of my craft stuff down here and take over!





(Attached to the ugly office is an unpictured very plain full bath. It's about as boring as the office room.)

I'm going to miss this quaint little piece of the world! I must remember my word! I actually made a little plate for the kitchen as a reminder:
Thanks for touring the house!! Hopefully we will feel just as comfortable in the next one!

4 comments:

Tiff said...

Lovely and oh so you! I loved the
monogrammed crosstitch thingies in Lydie's room! And I am dying for a school room--one day!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Your home is beautiful~and so roomy! I love that!

I have just been reading your previous post about your new adventure in life. Wow! That is quite the bold step you and your family are taking. It's really awesome that you are trusting God in such a way.

My husband and I have been on a similar journey for a while now. We are expecting some big changes in our lives this year, we just aren't sure what they all will be yet. The walk of faith is definitely one that requires trust and God's peace, isn't it?

Abby Hutto said...

I love it! So, so, so clean!!! We are praying for you guys and for your transition as a family. I know that God has great things in store for you. AND, you will make any house you live in as warm and welcoming as this one. I look forward to seeing what you do with then next one! :)

Heidi said...

Your house is BEAUTIFUL, Renee. I love all the original, personal, creative, and COLORFUL touches. Lovely.