Saturday, November 17, 2012

Spirit day

Friday at school we had team spirit day.  That meant that we were allowed to wear our team colors to school.  Also, the last two hours of school, the kids had relays- one class against the other for each grade.  The grand finale was the teacher vs. fifth grade volleyball game.  The day was capped off with the awards ceremony.  All the kids got candy for participating.  The winner of the volleyball game got a trophy and bragging rights for the year (which went to the teachers, no thanks to my pitiful effort).  And one class got a trophy for being "Most Spirited".  The third graders won that title and the trophy is in our room!  I taught the kids two cheers, which we chanted all day in the most obnoxious way:

Third grade is dynamite, don't mess with dynamite, get burned!
and
We've got spirit yes we do, we've got spirit how bout you??

It was wild and crazy and my throat hurt all night, but really good times.  It never ceases to amaze me how competitive I am.  Seriously, an egg and spoon relay race, volleyball game, and spirit trophy made me scream and run like a weirdo.  Some things never change.
Let the festivities begin!
Cutest little Auburn fan ever!

Going to claim her prize!

My son painted his hair orange!  War Eagle!

Two cuties from class!

Mohawk...anything goes on Spirit Day!

Some of the teachers enjoying the music.  Ha!

My class with our trophy!  Woohoo!!

No comments: