Monday, June 13, 2011

Support

Our friends and family have been extraordinarily supportive in our venture to start an organic farm. Logically it must be a difficult idea to support. Especially when we left such a stable, wonderful life in Atlanta. The outpouring of support reminds me of when we got married. We were simply two young, idealistic, dreamers utterly compelled by love. It was the last week of the summer BEFORE our senior year at Auburn. We were dying to be husband and wife. Not only did we have electric chemistry that was constantly being stifled by our steadfast promise to "wait", but we could not get enough of each other's company. Ever. Twelve hours a day just didn't seem to be enough. We wanted desperately to dwell together in every way, "one flesh". So with our parents' full approval, we took the plunge with one year left until graduation. A year later we graduated with no debt, two diplomas, good grades, a little savings, and enough earthly possessions to fill a whole one-bedroom apartment! We were so proud (or relieved!?). We waited four years to have our first baby even though everyone predicted we would be pregnant before we graduated. What a golden time in our lives!


Back to my point, even though we were two young, naive, lovebirds, not a single friend, family member, or pastor advised us against marriage! And that has been the case with our move to the farm. We are living proof that sometimes God calls us to do the illogical. To follow Him down a unique path. My Aunt sent me a message that was so encouraging and touching last week. It said,
"Renee, I thought of you and Andy this morning as I read in my daily prayer book. "Almighty God, we thank you for making the earth fruitful, so that it might produce what is needed for life: Bless those who work in the fields: give us reasonable weather; and grant that we may share all the fruits of the earth, rejoicing in your goodness." Have a great day. We love your family."

I am so thankful for the support and lovingkindness the Lord has shown to us through words like these. Thank you especially to those who have prayed for us so faithfully! Thank you, friends and family!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi Renee! I found your blog through your facebook page and I read it from time to time and it always makes me smile. I'm so glad you and Andy are doing so well. I always grin when I think of our days (and nights!) together at Willie Little Hall. We live in a small town north of Raliegh, NC called Oxford. There is so much farmland all around us and it makes me think of you guys and your little family of farmers and I'm thankful for all of your hardwork! Take care!