Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Fine arts Friday (on Wednesday)

This summer I hope to do some arts/crafts projects with the kids. I had the idea of "Fine Art Fridays", but now I think it will just be for a morning when the kids are antsy. This morning was the perfect time to start! There is only one rule: the materials must be CHEAP (if not free).

We took some frames leftover from a birthday party, our sea shells from the beach, my glue gun, paint, and ribbon for our first project. All we need is our beach pictures to fill the frames, and they will be complete! Here's Lydie's frame:
*Can't wait to get our beach pictures developed for our new frames!

Then we decided to make thank you gifts for Mimi and Papa for hosting us on vacation. Along with a hand-written note, the kids each made a crayon resist with blue watercolor paint. I loved the finished products. Here's J's:
3 "peanut butter spoons" + 3 glasses of milk + 2 art projects=


2 hours of quiet fun for FREE!

2 comments:

Abby Hutto said...

So fun! I think I'll copy your idea! Maybe you could post some easy art projects for the "un-artistically inclined". I love to do fun projects with the kids, but have a hard time coming up with ideas of my own. :)

Renee said...

Sure Abby! I'll try to remember to do that for you.