Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Not extinguished

Well, we all came through a patchy, difficult week and are now feeling much better. We never took that "sick day". We survived without it. I decided to keep pushing beyond the tough spots because we are soon going on an 8 day cruise around the Caribbean with my family. So we are working hard now, to play hard later. Ahhh, I'll say it again, we made it through last week! Sometimes life feels so unbearably exhausting, but then amazingly as we cling to Christ we find that before we know it a "new day" has dawned. It's the story of our lives this side of heaven, I think.

So this week will be the usual, plus preparing for sunny beaches, kayaking, snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, and swimming pools. Amazing the difference "a day" makes! Sometimes just being in survival mode (with the goal of making it through the day without misplaced anger or doubt) is an honoring accomplishment for God's glory, in my opinion. It was about all I could give Him last week. (And a couple of days were very sketchy at best, even with constant groveling and begging for His help). But this week, well this week's another story! I am so thankful that His mercies are new each and every morning for us! They are so needed! And I'm thankful that life (moods, trials, burdens, etc.) ebb and flow in waves. Our life is constantly changing and I enjoy that constant. (Especially when the tide is low again.) Pressing on...
"I share Einstein's affirmation that anyone who is not lost on the rapturous awe at the power and glory of the mind behind the universe "is as good as a burnt out candle".

~Madeleine L'Engle

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Your last week sounds like my yesterday! Today is new!