Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Tour of Homes

I am joining The Nester's Christmas Tour of Homes. Welcome!

Our foyer
My husband gives me a piece of the Dicken's Christmas Village each year.Our kitchen

Our Christmas cards: we hang them on the pantry door and are reminded to pray for our friends and family





I used a lot of my usual decorating pieces with a sprig of evergreen or holly.

I love my simple "Merry Christmas" garland (paper and ribbon).




We have eaten by candlelight several dinners this season. I figure the candlelight will add a little beauty to my frozen Stoffer's meals lately! :)

I sold tassels this year for extra spending money. I let the boys each pick one to keep. This was Jaybird's choice.

Our school room

Norman Rockwell and Tchiakovsky have been our artist and composer for the month. Their masterpieces have enriched our holiday spirit!

We also ordered Ann Voskamp's Jesse tree this year for advent. Her words paint beautiful pictures for us of the beauty and glory of our Savior's birth!

Each day we tear off a link


This is Toot's favorite tassel. The cupcake hangs right above the stash...


Leftovers from making gingerbread houses.

Under that green tablecloth are shelves with our messy school stuff.
Family room

Our accent colors are green, brown and red. So the pillows and wall decor match nicely during the Christmas season.







I bought one of these small berry wreaths for the inside of the family room windows. They were in the dollar isle at Target after Christmas last year.


My favorite spot to enjoy on a little table by the window.

We hope your house is filled with love, faith, and laughter this season!
Merry Christmas!

11 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

What a lovely tour! That cupcake tassle is sweet!!

Stacey said...

Very pretty! Love your Merry CHRISTmas garland!

Valerie said...

This is great reading about all your traditions.

Love that garland, and the gingerbread house - what fun.

That is a great Holiday teaching idea - studying the works of Tchiakovsky and Rockwell.

What cute kids!

Tina said...

Beautiful decorations...

Thanks for sharing!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

This is so beautiful! How refreshing to pause for a moment and see special Christmas items sprinkled around the house to bring such cheer.

It's perfectly wonderful! :)

Sue said...

What a beautiful job you have done decorating your home and teaching your children the real meaning of Christmas is priceless. thank you for sharing.
Sue

Jackie said...

You have a beautiful decorative touch. Merry Christmas to you and your precious family!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Your home looks lovely! Next year I hope to do a Jesse tree with my kiddos.

Merry Christmas!

Joyeful said...

I love your Christmas garland! So creative and chic! Your home looks beautiful and THAT GINGERBREAD house is over the top!

Merry Christmas!

Janice aka mom, grandma, said...

CUTE! thank you for sharing your home, i enjoyed the tour.

janice

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Your pictures are great. There are new tree pictures up on the holiday blog...and I am loving looking through all the beautiful decorations on the Home Tour...Just need a few free hours...
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/