Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas at Nana and Poppy's house

When we get together, it's a loud, fun, crazy house of chaos. Our breakfast/pajama party on Sunday was no exception. Oh, the lovely, bubbly memories! (We also had parties with extended families, but my camera battery was not charged!)

The 10 Wild Characters:

Greyce: sweet, pumpkin, Lydie's sidekickLydie opening her American Girl Bitty Baby twins. This might be the beginning of a long love affair!
Anna: quiet, observant, and our little helper
Chelle and me: no make-up, silly, proud moms
Joshua got his first "Lego set with two instruction manuals"! 800 or so pieces, I think. A Limited Edition Star Wars kit. He was thrilled!
My brother: goofy, smart, affectionate
My Dad: the family clown, generous, brilliant
Mom: quiet, patient, definitely not a wild character but along for the ride
Jaybird is always excited for a new toy. And he needed some new light sabers. Do they ever get old?
My nephew Ross: vivacious, tender-hearted, athletic
My hubs: wild and crazy at heart. Oh yes, he fits in just fine!
"We only have this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, and melting like a snowflake."
~Marie Beyon Ray
I am so thankful to have a family that knows how to laugh at ourselves and one another. May every moment count for His glory and melt away without regret!

No comments: