Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Birthdays

My niece and I have birthdays just a little over a week apart. We were able to all be together to celebrate her party at lunch and mine at dinner one day last week. My niece's party gave us our first experience with The American Girl store and bistro. Wow, did we LOVE it! (And Lydie fell in love with the blond Bitty Baby twins.) And then that night we feasted on fondue at The Melting Pot. Good times with family!
My niece Greyce, Lydie, My niece Anna, and her friend

At one end of the store you can bring your American Girl dolls to the "salon" for a new hairdo or to have her ears pierced. I thought it was adorable, my husband rolled his eyes.Lydie also loves Kit. I could see my girl in an outfit like this one.

Too cute!

The boys had to make fun of all the pinkness and girl stuff. Here's their best girly impressions. They did comment after lunch that they were glad they "had to come" because the food was really good. A way to a man's heart...


The boys were right, and they attended to every detail.

My Daddy is a cutie.


And the Grandmoms were having fun, too.

Lydie wanted to buy a doll so badly. But we just had a date with her for lunch and left her behind to enjoy dinner with another sweet girl. (So beware if you "borrow" a doll for lunch. My girl's slobber could be all over it.)

Happy birthday, Anna, you cute thing!

Here's to another year!

No comments: