Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Christmas Prayer

Precious Jesus,
Every single day of this year you have given me reason to pause and adore You! Some days have been hard and slow. Some days have been tremendously joyful and fast. And some days have been just more of the same. But it is all good with You.


Your love and wisdom is more than I can fathom. All I can do is worship you for coming to this weary world and entering the darkness. Thank you for living perfectly because I surely can not. Thank you for being fully man and fully God. Thank you for dying to take the punishment for my debt. I owe you my life, but struggle to surrender it to you as I should. But knowing you have done what I can not gives me Peace beyond understanding. Thank you for providing a place for me in eternity to enjoy with You and your beloved. I can not imagine the undeserved riches that await me when I see you face to face.


I beg you for the grace to know you more and more each day of 2010. I thank you for the salvation of my sons, and continue to ask for the same for sweet Lydie. And I praise you for a husband that leads by a godly, humble example. May we all grow closer to you through the beauty of your creation, the hearing of your word, fellowship with believers, and time with you. I beg you for the grace to make Your name and work known to those who are lost all around me. Lord, may you continue to gently lift my eyes towards You and Your kingdom and away from earthly desires. Thank you for your beautiful Story. I am honored to be a small part of it.


"Long lay the world in sin and error pining

Til He appeared and the soul felt its worth.

A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices

For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!"

~a portion from "O Holy Night!"

No comments: