Thursday, February 14, 2008

Top 10 on Valentine's

Ten things that fill me with love this Valentine's Day:
  1. Last night after two full days in bed with a virus I emerged for dinner. My husband was telling me of a "mess-up" with his company and how he would have to make it right by losing some money. Without a pause, my oldest son offered him the $5 he had just gotten in the mail hours earlier from Mimi as a Valentine's present. Selflessness beyond his years.

  2. My youngest son quietly patting my hair this morning and and saying, "Well, it's Valentine's Day. I love you, Mom." Quiet innocence and joy.

  3. My little girl in her Valentine's dress and her signature purse on her arm. Strong and beautiful.

  4. This amazing love note my husband wrote with the roses. Praise God for giving my husband boundless love for the Father and us! I am amazed at how my love for this man just grows and grows.

  5. Our family that is always ready to serve and encourage us. When I looked out the window as my Mom arrived today I almost ran to greet her. She is an excellent mother.

  6. The priveledge of being able to rest when I am sick. My husband drops everything to take care of our children. His job at home has required some financial sacrifice, but fewer things pale in comparison to the strong bonds that have been forged under this roof!

  7. A phone call from a friend today. My best friend Liz. We have been fashioned in very, very different ways. But I always feel closer to the Lord after spending time with her, and she always, always encourages me.

  8. Time alone this week, albeit with fever and chills, to rethink what really matters in this life. After reading "Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God" my perspective has been forever altered. A few, select books have the power to change lives forever. Thank you, God, for putting this book in my path and never leaving me the same way. Change is hard, sometimes painful, but so necessary in this process of sanctification!

  9. Time alone this week to see that I am missing absolutely nothing by not turning on the television. As I am scrabbling through laundry, reading books, trying to enjoy HotWheels, and pushing a baby on a swing, sometimes I dream of plopping myself on the sofa and tuning the children out with the television. Well, now I know first hand, the only thing between 9-5 on television that offers any usable, productive knowledge is the History Channel and Animal Planet. Really, the trash on television almost sent me into a depression.

  10. I am still amazed that the God of Moses and Isaac, the One I have read about this year in my attempt to read the Bible start to finish, is my God. The One who is holier than holy and had to set out so many rules my head can't fathom the Jewish life of ancient times, THAT God sent Jesus to cover me in His holiness and give me freedom in Christ. This is the God I serve! This is the One who now calls me friend! THAT God that wiped out civilizations because of His demand for holiness, he calls me daughter. I am amazed at the LOVE STORY that is weaved in every page of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. This Valentine's day, I bow down and worship the Lover of my Soul!
Happy Valentine's day!

8 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Amen and amen, sister! :) Well said from your beautiful and radiant heart! God shines right through you! Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day - and I hope you feel all better soon. There is NOTHING like having Mom there when you're sick, no matter how old you are.

We were sick for a good couple of weeks recently and I agree - tv stinks. I have a vcr in my room for sick days and all I do is play videos on it. But this time Jack was sick, too, so we were both downstairs. Children's tv 24/7 gets very annoying - but a lifesaver for a very, very sick 5 year old boy.

Lovely, uplifting list.

Jennefer said...

What a beautiful post! And I agree that God shines right through you.

Blessings to you on this Valentine's Day!
Jennefer

Kelly said...

What a great and encouraging post!Hope you are feeling better:-)

Anonymous said...

Amen! What an awesome and beautiful post! I also agree....the Lord does speak through you and always gives me encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thoughts, friend. I was thinking about you too, today. ARe you doing the SL party tomorrow? I am hoping to make it. But with Pat's on-call, it's a who-knows?

Let's re-schedule soon. I have been down and out, just a little under the weather. And evidently, so have you! Yuck. Stomach bug. That has not come our way yet. Different school district, I guess:)

Love to you and yours. Can't wait to play. And you all are WELCOME to head this way too...if you ever care to re-visit your old stomping grounds:)

Maryanne

Wendy said...

What a great list!

Hope everyone is feeling better today.

Doodlebug said...

What a wonderful post!

Thanks for joining the give away. Don't forget to post about it here in order to qualify! Good Luck!