Friday, February 08, 2008

Three things

Three things that I am excited about today:


  1. This art project. This is on my fun-things-to-do-in-March list. Can't wait to start! Between now and then I should be able to collect enough Michael's and JoAnn's 50% off coupons to get the canvas, paper punch and glue dots on sale. It should be a cheap, beautiful addition to a blank corner in our home. Maybe I should set a goal...you think I can do this project with $15?

  2. This post by my dear, wise friend. Go read it...you may need to grab a kleenex if you have had a rough day as a mom or it may just fire you up! But either way, it is beautifully written and a good reminder of our ministries as moms.

  3. My new coupon system that has enabled me to save $50 a week on groceries (I spent $87 this week, which included 6 dinners, 7 breakfasts and lunches, snacks, toiletries and diapers, not to mention a month's supply of vitamins for the entire family!). Here's the most inspiring part of Stephanie's passion, she created the website in order to give moms a way to cut out hunger in our country. I heard her speak in person and she is PASSIONATE! So I have chosen to start with 10 of those dollars that I am saving to buy items for our local homeless shelter. Let me tell ya, $10 with this lady's coupon savvy advice will provide a LOT of food!



Question: Why do toddlers smile like this when they see a camera? Why, oh, why? The baby started this at around 13 months old. Granted, she has chocolate cake all over her face. But this could have been an interesting picture. Just look at that silly fake smile! Sometimes she actually poses with her head cocked and hand under her chin...with this smile. I'll say, "Relax, just relax, sweetie." But that just leads to this smile...plus squinty eyes!?! The second picture is hillarious...my man imitating her. Of course, this time she smiled normally and he is striking a pose alone. So funny.

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

I LOVE your sweet baby's grin!! :) That is AWESOME! I know what you mean about kids and their smiles for cameras, we often produce the silliest smiles " smiles that have never before been seen by man" the moment the camera clicks. I am so glad you caught these pics, they are worth well over 1,000 words! Great job capturing these special moments!