Friday, March 23, 2007

Wild West party

J's sock horse
Pretty cute, huh?

My little cuties all dressed up


Tonight J's class had a Wild West party. I was deeply touched by the creativity and energy that was poured into the party by several of the moms and dads. I wanted to post more pictures, but I am not sure everyone would be so thrilled to have their kids' pictures posted on a blog. The kids made stick horses, painted horseshoes, had live singing, dancing and storytelling, roped pretend bulls and played in this amazing back yard. It was a good chance to get to know the parents and siblings on a deeper level. I am constantly stunned by how accepted and loved our family is at this school! Several parents told me tonight that their child talks about J so fondly, just like he has been in the class all year. I feel so blessed to be part of such a unique, amazing group! J's teachers were there and loved on all of us, including T and LJ.



I am going to bed tonight praising God for giving us a school that is a perfect fit. This has been an emotional week for me regarding schooling because we have been praying all week about whether or not to send T to kindergarten next year. He turns 5 on August 31, the last day to make the cut for kindergarten. We had reservations, knowing he would be the very youngest one in his class. My man listened to my observations and opinions and then asked me to allow him to make the ultimate call. I promised to submit. He decided yesterday, after a long conversation with the principal of the school, that we ARE sending T to kindergarten. Tonight as I looked around at the amazing families and teachers, I was excited for the first time and not nervous. T is in for a really special treat!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi, I don't think I have commented before, but I have been reading your blog for a while now. I am not sure how I came across it, but I am glad I did. Your thoughts and simple insights have really encouraged me and I wanted you to know that. All the pictures of your wonderfully cute children have been fun to see as well.
Thank you!
Jennifer