Saturday, March 17, 2007

A healthy, normal day, thank the Lord!


Things are back to normal around here. #3 is playing and #2 is dressing her up like Spiderman and snickering...life is good! She still has a little runny nose, but it is clear and she seems to be happy again. No fever for 2 1/2 days! I forgot what a happy little camper she is when she is feeling good. (And I also forgot what a depressed, pathetic lunatic I am when my kids are sick!)

Today my little guys had their first tball game of the season. #2 is on the youngest league, the four year olds. My sides hurt from laughing at those guys! One little boy cried every time the ball did not get hit his way in the out field. One time this little cutie stopped in mid tracks and started crying because his hands were so cold. Several kids ran to third base instead of first. The kids commonly looked like they were playing football instead of baseball as they dove and fought for the ball. Oh, they were so cute! I think #2 is going to be our athlete. Even big brother was proud of his quick plays on first base and his good hard hits and fast running. He was absolutely having a blast! #1 had fun, too. He just seems to be more into daydreaming and less into the game. To quote him he told me this weekend, "God just made me different, Mama!" Yes, he did. Different and precious and smart and amazing! I truly believe the highlight of the game for him was the award/snack time at the end. He got "best sportsmanship" and #2 got "most Christ-likeness". My proudest moment of the day was when my Dad complemented #2 on playing so well at his game and he looked over at #1 and said, "You are a gweat baseball player, too!" My Dad was not showing any favoritism to #2, he just happened to be sitting by him at the moment. But I was proud of my little boy's love and selflessness to think of his brother's need to be noticed, too.

My parents drove three hours and spent the night last night just to see the boys play their short, one hour games. Do my kids have any idea how blessed and loved they are? And #3 enjoyed warm hugs, and a new highchair and rattles from Nana's shopping spree with Mommy. She has lots of love for both sets of her grandparents and loves visits and cuddles from them! She is soaking up her important and special role of being the last grandchild on both sides of our family...or at least we think she will be!?

I am so stuffed from my parents treating us to Outback for dinner. Wow! I'm going to go stuff my big ole' bloated booty in the bed!

No comments: