Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The beginning of another school year

It was so nice not to be new this year! Although the kids were eager and curious about their new teachers, they had very little nervousness or anxiety.  They become so acclimated to the school, coming so often with me over the summer to work in my room.  The school is FILLED the last few weeks of summer with teachers and their children.  They entertain each other well, and it's actually a pretty fun place my children. So the first day of school, in some ways, just feels like a more exciting new day in a familiar place!

We were all ready and excited for a new year.  Actually, the boys would live in a perpetual state of summer, and I can't say that I blame them one bit.  But Lydie and I were ready for routine.  And the boys were excited about their favorite subjects, seeing their friends, and such.

Praying for depth of spiritual insight, continued and deepened friendships, continued servant-hearted leaderships, and an eagerness for knowledge for my children and my students!  May God be glorified!  Our verse for the year: "Serve one another humbly in love." Galatians 5:13.  Plain and simple!
Jack::7th grade
 
Witty, smart, sensitive, encouraging, inquisitive
 
Josh::5th grade
 
Silly but reserved, brilliant, affectionate, kind, light-hearted
Lydie::1st grade

Joyful, attentive, motivated, tender
 So glad to be near my sweeties all day.  Praying for a great year!

No comments: