Saturday, December 29, 2012

My word for 2013

"We delight to look down a long avenue of trees. It is delightful to gaze from end to end of the long vista, a sort of verdant temple, with its branching pillars and its arches of leaves; even so look down the long aisles of your years, at the green boughs of mercy overhead, and the strong pillars of loving kindness and faithfulness which bear up your joys.  Are there no birds in yonder branches singing?  Surely there must be many, and they all sing of mercy..." Charles Spurgeon

Normally I search and pray and wait for my word for the next year.  It just takes a while to come to me, usually.  But this year I found it without even looking.  My word for 2013 is ANTICIPATION.  I am anticipating the goodness of the Lord this next year, and I know I will find it.  He is ever faithful and with Christ there is always goodness just ahead, even if in heaven.  I am so excited for the year and all that it holds.

Looking forward to looking backwards at this past year, as well.  So much has happened in 2012.  SO.MANY.CHANGES!

 Anticipation (2013)

 Catechesis (2012)

Delight (2011)

Peace (2010)

Satisfaction (2009)

Courage (2008)

No comments: