Friday, September 07, 2012

Nursery Rhyme Day

There are so many things that I miss about homeschooling.  To be honest, the first month of school I didn't miss.one.thing!!  But then as the reality of commuting, balancing work and home, and our time away from one another set in, I can now definitely see both the pros and cons!  But there are many days that being a part of a school community, particularly a classical Christian school community, is pure bliss.  This was one of those days.  This was a day when all the cons were not even a factor and I enjoyed this day to the fullest!
Lydie (Bye Baby Bunting) and her best friend (The Old Lady in the Shoe)

Every year the kindergarten class works hard to prepare for Nursery Rhyme day.  Each child memorizes a nursery rhyme, dresses in character, and brings a themed snack.  All the parents and grandparents are invited to watch them recite their rhymes and eat snacks.  I have several sweet parents in my third grade classroom who have offered to step in for me when my own children have special days as this one.  So I was so thrilled when I was able to be a Mom and not a teacher at school, and enjoy seeing her with her classmates.



Humpty dumpty....darling!


Daddy came to watch Lydie...

and Nana!

Fun treats!
The children all remembered their rhymes, with only a couple seeming very nervous.  There are 30 kindergartners, divided into two classes of 15.  They are so adorable and I am so excited to get to know each child and family and see Lydia Joy grow up with them!

No comments: