Friday, December 15, 2006

Blogger Tour of Homes


I was in a mad rush to take these poorly made pictures and post this rushed entry. But I did want to mention our favorite books and activities/traditions with the kids before showing my house.

Books:Jacob's gift, Alabaster's Song, Who is coming to our house?, The Tale of Three Trees

Activities:What God Wants for Christmas kit, Adornaments, acting out/using our Playmobil nativity to dramatize the story of Jesus' birth, spending the night after Christmas in sleeping bags under the Christmas tree *Before I tear it all down and kick the tree to the curb! :)


What a fun idea to be able to see everyone's decorations! I've never participated in anything like this on my blog, but here goes! Here is a blurry picture of our tree. We are still hanging in there with a real tree. I'm sure one day we'll surrender to the artificial tree, but not yet!

This is a picture of our mantle. I haven't gotten #3's stocking yet. The Christmas topiaries are one of my favorite decorations in the house.

This is what our dining room table looks like. The placemats are red velvet from Pottery Barn, I am proud to say that I paid $2 a piece for them at a yard sale. The angels are all from my first bridal shower, a Christmas shower given by my sorority sisters. Actually, 90 % of my Christmas decor is from that shower.

This is my only Christmas collection. My husband started collecting the Dickens village for me beginning with our first Christmas together. My kids love to light it up in the dark.

Gotta run! Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

Anniesue said...

Your dining room table is so tastefully decorated! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

Mrs. Darling said...

I know all about the rushing part. Lovely pics. I love your tree. My post is up too. I barely made it for this tour! Come take a peek.

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to your blog, and I'm enjoying it. You have a wonderful sense of humor.

Your home is very beautifully decorated too. Thank you for sharing.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Your mantle and table are just beautiful! How fun that you found Pottery Barn placemats at a yard sale, what a great find. Thanks for sharing your home.

Susanne said...

I love the colors on your table. Thanks for the tour.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome tradition to sleep under the Christmas tree, it takes some of the sting out of Christmas being over. I love the toparies too. Thanks for having me over.

Wendy said...

Looks great! I love the Dickens village collection.

Is the red the new paint you used in your dining room? I really like it.

RHB said...

Love that the Chi-O Christmas shower is still decorating your house! :) It looks beautiful!