Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Luncheon

My precious friend Leigh Ann had the grammar faculty members over to her house on Valentine's day.  She has the gift of hospitality and encouragement like no one I have ever met before.  She is also very artistic.  Her house is a masterpiece!

She made chicken salad, garden salad, soup, and a fabulous dessert.  Every room of her house had precious decorations for every holiday.  Have you ever seen a Valentine tree?  Her dining room had one!  And garland and hearts, galore.  She picked a variety of containers, from tea cups to silver pots, and put an arrangement of succulents for us to take home.  I am telling you it was the sweetest day!  I whispered to her that our husbands were doomed, how could they top this for Valentines?

Our lovely principal presented a devotion.  It was based on a verse that is now one of my favorites:

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on new plants."
Deuteronomy 32:2

Isn't that the perfect prayer for me to pray every day as a Mom and teacher?  I left refreshed and excited.  Right now, I cannot fathom my life without my new, sweet friends and all of the friendship, wisdom, laughter, and encouragement they bring to me every day!  It feels so amazing to be settled at a place that I want to plug into for a long time...until someone drags me away!

No comments: