Friday, December 02, 2011

Seeing the big in the little

Last night the puppy was restless in his little box next to our bed. It was around 3:00 and I took him outside for a bit. It was freezing and I wanted to go back to sleep. But I caught a glimpse of the sky, littered with more stars than I can describe. And I stared up at it and felt so completely engulfed with gratitude. So deeply thankful for my new life in this beautiful, quiet, simple farm. My eyes are being opened to treasures all the time.



Yesterday my little girl danced for the patients at the nursing home. Something I love about the small town nearby, as well as this rural area, is that people seem to have deep compassion for the elderly. Maybe it is because their relatives are generally close by, but most of our new friends and neighbors around here talk of and visit their elderly relatives often. I love it! Yesterday, sweet little ballerinas danced and gave out presents. I found myself wiping away tears at how easy it is to spread joy and how often I do not take the time to do these important little things, giving my time away to the seemingly "bigger things". Planning regular visits back to this facility. Praying to have the eyes and mind of Christ as I decide how to re-prioritize our time in 2012. So excited for Christmas and the New Year! Much to celebrate and enjoy and relish!

"Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them."

Marcus Aurelius

No comments: