Sunday, September 18, 2011

Celebrating our girl

Lydie turned 5 on the 21st. On the 17th we celebrated at the mall. We invited her sweet girl cousins to the Build-A-Bear Workshop. And afterwards, we met the rest of the family in the food court for pizza and cake. Every year I either make or buy Lydie a dress for her birthday. This year I didn't have time to make one. We actually found this outfit at the consignment store. I appliqued the shirt with scraps of fabric I already had. The skirt was $12 and the shirt was $11. The pigtails are my {FAVORITE} hairstyle on her right now. She just happened to have those brown shoes with a matching pink flower on them. (Hand me down from a friend.) Love it when it all comes together like that!

We set up for lunch in the mall of the food court. Lydie and I wanted pink and polka dots for our theme. I used mostly stuff around the house. Tissue paper (pom poms), scrapbook paper and a kabob stick (sign), and left-over shredded paper for confetti. She is a girl who loves all the little details.
Andy and I did our best to make exactly what Lydie wanted for her cake this year: "a very chocolate-y ballerina bear". Although this cake required less creativity (we just followed the instructions on the cake pan), this cake took a longer amount of time to make! But she squealed when she saw it, which made it well worth the effort, of course.

I try to always incorporate something little from my Nana at her parties. (Nana was Lydie's namesake.) This year I used her old milk bottle to hold Lydie's sign.

Our party favor bags probably do not get rave reviews by our attendees. Let's just say they are "cost efficient". We let the birthday child pick their three favorite foods for the bags. Lydie chose all chocolate (m&m, Hershey bar, Hershey kisses)!

Daddy's girl was getting excited and ready for her cousins to arrive!


We all enjoy this little one SO much! I just wanted to pull her away and hug and kiss her all day!

The employee who hosted the party was really entertaining. I think the girls had fun!

Look at my darling nieces!!

Meanwhile, the boys went to the Lego and football store. Thanks, Uncle Ben, for entertaining them! (Sorry slacker Uncle Rick flaked out and went to Starbucks! haha)

Nana and Poppy were there. Nana even made her own bunny. We missed Mimi and Papa! So glad they are on the mend after being sick for so long!

My two beautiful sister-in-laws. Love that we are all raising our kids together! They are both awesome wives and Moms!

Andy and his brother Ben. (You can tell by my family's wardrobe that it was game day for Auburn!)


I wonder what my five year old girl wished for?


Greyce and Lydie- two peas in a pod.

Fun was had by all. In six short weeks we threw all three children their own birthday party. Gonna hang my party hat up for a while! :)

No comments: